TAX SEASON - As a member of Option 1 Credit Union, you have access to Turbo Tax Online and Just File It . Use the Option 1 Credit Union routing & transit number, 272480432, and your Option 1 account number to receive your refund with direct deposit. For more information, click here.
MARCH NEWS 2014 - Click here to read the March News. Highlights include information on Home Improvement Loans, Skate for Ele's Place event, Financial Planning, Annual Meeting, safety tips for Spring Break traveling and more.
SKATE FOR ELE'S PLACE - Sponsored by Option 1 Credit Union, this is a community open skate in which all the proceeds from the event are donated to Ele's Place, a healing center for grieving children and teens. Bring your family and come skate with us at Munn Ice Arena on Michigan State University Campus - Saturday, March 22 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm. Admission is $5 for adults and $4 for students. Skate rental is $2. Click here for details.
LOW AUTO RATES - Making sure you have an affordable monthly payment has a lot to do with rates. Our auto loans are as low as 1.99% apr. Click here for details.
MEMBERS FINANCIAL SERVICES
for 2014 - Financial planning isn't just for retirement! As a member of Option 1 Credit Union, you have access to professional financial advisors with many years of experience in helping people just like you. Everyone needs a plan for financial success. Update yours or start one. Click here
for more information.
NEW DEBIT CARD FEATURES
- Prewards® and more ATM access nationwide are here!
As part of our on-going commitment to you, our members, we added new features to your current Option 1 Credit Union debit card, click here
for details. The website link to register your Option 1 Credit Union debit card for Prewards®
is available, click here
to register your Option 1 Credit Union debit card. Don't have an Option 1 debit card yet, now may be the time!
DON'T TAX MY CREDIT UNION
- Credit unions are different for a reason. The Credit Union National Association (CUNA), a trade group that represents credit unions, has launched a new campaign to protect credit union federal tax-exempt status. The campaign, "Don't Tax My Credit Union
," is asking all credit union members
to petition Congress to preserve the federal income tax exemption that credit unions enjoy as not-for-profit, member-owned cooperatives. Keep in mind, credit unions DO pay taxes
such as property tax, sales tax, and payroll tax. This new effort, which is being heavily lobbied for by banking associations, will eliminate the federal income tax exemption for credit unions. Credit unions have been exempt from federal income tax since our inception and many credit unions were born out of the Great Depression, for a reason.
Please share this information. Click here
for more information. To visit the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Facebook page for additional information, click here
. Thank you for your membership and support of credit unions.
TARGET DATA BREACH
- Retail giant Target is investigating a data breach potentially impacting customers credit and/or debit card records. Option 1 has taken steps to verify and protect our member accounts. If you have concerns about your account, it's a good practice to monitor your accounts through your O1 ONLINE Banking or O1 MOBILE Banking transaction history. Click here
, to view your Option 1 VISA card. If you have concerns or find unusual activity in your account, please contact Option 1 Credit Union. Contact Option 1 via phone with our 24 hour Call Center at 800-323-2129; send us a secure email, click here
for information; or visit any of our convenient branch locations, click here
to find one near you. Visit our Security Pages
for helpful information, links and more.
Remember, Option 1 Credit Union offers ID Safe Choice
, a professional identity theft recovery service for our members. Click here
for more information. FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY 2014
- We all need a plan for our money. Option 1 Credit Union will be offering the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University classes beginning in March in our Lansing offices. Click here
for more details.
FINANCIAL SENSE NEWSLETTER
- tips on Investment Risk; Disaster Planning and your Paperwork; Managing a Financial Mismatch; Go with the Flow (cash flow); and What are your Reasons for Owning Life Insurance. Click here
. HOLIDAY ANGEL TREE
- Thank you for sharing the meaning of the holiday season by helping children in need. Click here
for details. SUPPORTING AREA FOOD BANKS
- Option 1 Credit Union believes in the credit union motto of people helping people
. We support our area Food Banks. Click here
for details about our check presentation and community organizations.
FINANCIAL TIPS and TIME SAVERS
In today's world, we all need some extra help. Here are some tips to help you save time, protect your money, and make the most of your time:
- Protect your Debit and Credit cards. If you are traveling out of the area and plan to use your Option 1 Credit and/or Debit card, make sure you contact us and let us know.
- You need to know there is a difference in how the transactions are processed and how best to protect yourself. If you are traveling outside of the United States, we strongly suggest you use your Option 1 VISA card and DO NOT use your Option 1 debit card. Read more here...
- For additional protection, register your cards with:
- Set Up Automatic Bill Payments. Many of us are traveling, busy with the kids, or simply trying to squeeze in some extra time this holiday season. Arrange for your bills to be paid electronically through the Option 1 Bill Pay service. O1 BILL PAY is free and easy to set-up. Click here for details.
- Alerts and Mobile Banking. Keep your budget on track with tools like Alerts to remind you about bills that are due, account balances, and more. With our new O1 MOBILE Banking app, you can easily do your banking on the go, wherever you are. Click here for details.
NEW OPTION 1 CREDIT UNION BRANCHES
Our new location at 6025 N. Hagadorn Road, East Lansing is now OPEN! The new branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM. Option 1 branches offer an extensive line of products and services through the help of member service representatives, Mortgage services, and Financial Planners. Option 1 Credit is also proud to contribute to the development of businesses in the region by offering innovative solutions to help them grow.
The Grand Opening was celebrated with an official ribbon cutting on August 22, 2013, click here to read the Press Release. As part of the celebration, a sponsorship check was presented to Ele's Place. Ele's Place is a healing center for grieving children and teens with three branch locations to support families throughout the Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Ann Arbor areas and beyond. Each week, peer support group programs help hundreds of children. Click here to learn more.
LAKE LANSING BRANCH
Our new Lake Lansing branch office located at 2250 Lake Lansing Road, Lansing, is now OPEN! The new branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM. See picture below.
SOUTH CEDAR BRANCH
Our new South Cedar branch office located at 6250 S. Cedar Street, Suite 14, Lansing is now OPEN! The new branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM. See picture below.
SECURITY NEWS Phone Phishing Scam - The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) reminds the public to be alert to ongoing financial scams that attempt to solicit funds from unsuspecting victims. We have received recent reports that some of our members are being called about their VISA card or DEBIT card being compromised. They are asked to key in their card number and PIN. Please be aware THIS IS A SCAM. Option 1 Credit Union would not ask you for this information. If you have any questions, contact our 24 hour Call Center at 800-323-2129. Visit our Security Info and Resource pages for additional information, click here.
Credit Card Scam Warning
HOME RESTYLE - new loan option to help you with your home improvement projects no matter how large or small. Option 1 can help you add value to your home, click here for details!
O1 MOBILE BANKING, SMARTPHONE APP - PayPal feature is here! Click here for more information.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS - safe and secure online Option 1 application is now available! Click here to apply for a loan, credit union membership, or to add additional services to your Option 1 account.
24/7 CALL CENTER - Option 1 offers personal access to your accounts with our extended Call Center to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Talk with one of our professionals and even apply for a loan by calling 800-323-2129.
ID SAFE CHOICE - professional identity theft recovery services are now a benefit of Option 1 checking accounts. For an informational brochure, click here. Option 1 was featured on the Eight West show discussing the impact of identity theft in today's world. To view the segment, click here.