NEWS at OPTION 1
LOW AUTO RATES - Making sure you have an affordable monthly payment has a lot to do with rates. Our auto loans are as low as 1.99% apr. Click here for details.
MEMBERS FINANCIAL SERVICES
for 2014 - Financial planning isn't just for retirement! As a member of Option 1 Credit Union, you have access to professional financial advisors with many years of experience in helping people just like you. Everyone needs a plan for financial success. Update yours or start one. Click here
for more information. FINANCIAL SENSE NEWSLETTER
- tips on IRA rollovers, calculate your net worth, making Social Security choices, the gift of education, and more. Click here
ANNUAL MEETING -
The Option 1 Credit Union Annual Meeting was held on March 27, 2014. To view the 2013 Annual Report, click here
or in the Helpful Hints.
NEW DEBIT CARD FEATURES
- Prewards® and more ATM access nationwide are here!
As part of our on-going commitment to you, our members, we added new features to your current Option 1 Credit Union debit card, click here
for details. The website link to register your Option 1 Credit Union debit card for Prewards®
is available, click here
to register your Option 1 Credit Union debit card. Don't have an Option 1 debit card yet, now may be the time!
DON'T TAX MY CREDIT UNION
- Credit unions are different for a reason. The Credit Union National Association (CUNA), a trade group that represents credit unions, has launched a new campaign to protect credit union federal tax-exempt status. The campaign, "Don't Tax My Credit Union
," is asking all credit union members
to petition Congress to preserve the federal income tax exemption that credit unions enjoy as not-for-profit, member-owned cooperatives. Keep in mind, credit unions DO pay taxes
such as property tax, sales tax, and payroll tax. This new effort, which is being heavily lobbied for by banking associations, will eliminate the federal income tax exemption for credit unions. Credit unions have been exempt from federal income tax since our inception and many credit unions were born out of the Great Depression, for a reason.
Please share this information. Click here
for more information. To visit the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Facebook page for additional information, click here
. Thank you for your membership and support of credit unions.
FINANCIAL TIPS and TIME SAVERS
In today's world, we all need some extra help. Here are some tips to help you save time, protect your money, and make the most of your time:
- Protect your Debit and Credit cards. If you are traveling out of the area and plan to use your Option 1 Credit and/or Debit card, make sure you contact us and let us know.
- You need to know there is a difference in how the transactions are processed and how best to protect yourself. If you are traveling outside of the United States, we strongly suggest you use your Option 1 VISA card and DO NOT use your Option 1 debit card. Read more here...
- For additional protection, register your cards with:
- Set Up Automatic Bill Payments. Many of us are traveling, busy with the kids, or simply trying to squeeze in some extra time this holiday season. Arrange for your bills to be paid electronically through the Option 1 Bill Pay service. O1 BILL PAY is free and easy to set-up. Click here for details.
- Alerts and Mobile Banking. Keep your budget on track with tools like Alerts to remind you about bills that are due, account balances, and more. With our new O1 MOBILE Banking app, you can easily do your banking on the go, wherever you are. Click here for details.
NEW OPTION 1 CREDIT UNION BRANCHES
Our new location at 6025 N. Hagadorn Road, East Lansing is now OPEN! The new branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM. Option 1 branches offer an extensive line of products and services through the help of member service representatives, Mortgage services, and Financial Planners. Option 1 Credit is also proud to contribute to the development of businesses in the region by offering innovative solutions to help them grow.
The Grand Opening was celebrated with an official ribbon cutting on August 22, 2013, click here to read the Press Release. As part of the celebration, a sponsorship check was presented to Ele's Place. Ele's Place is a healing center for grieving children and teens with three branch locations to support families throughout the Grand Rapids, Lansing, and Ann Arbor areas and beyond. Each week, peer support group programs help hundreds of children. Click here to learn more.
LAKE LANSING BRANCH
Our new Lake Lansing branch office located at 2250 Lake Lansing Road, Lansing, is now OPEN! The new branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM. See picture below.
SOUTH CEDAR BRANCH
Our new South Cedar branch office located at 6250 S. Cedar Street, Suite 14, Lansing is now OPEN! The new branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM. See picture below.
SECURITY NEWS Phone Phishing Scam - The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) reminds the public to be alert to ongoing financial scams that attempt to solicit funds from unsuspecting victims. We have received recent reports that some of our members are being called about their VISA card or DEBIT card being compromised. They are asked to key in their card number and PIN. Please be aware THIS IS A SCAM. Option 1 Credit Union would not ask you for this information. If you have any questions, contact our 24 hour Call Center at 800-323-2129. Visit our Security Info and Resource pages for additional information, click here.
Credit Card Scam Warning
HOME RESTYLE - new loan option to help you with your home improvement projects no matter how large or small. Option 1 can help you add value to your home, click here for details!
O1 MOBILE BANKING, SMARTPHONE APP - PayPal feature is here! Click here for more information.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS - safe and secure online Option 1 application is now available! Click here to apply for a loan, credit union membership, or to add additional services to your Option 1 account.
24/7 CALL CENTER - Option 1 offers personal access to your accounts with our extended Call Center to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Talk with one of our professionals and even apply for a loan by calling 800-323-2129.
ID SAFE CHOICE - professional identity theft recovery services are now a benefit of Option 1 checking accounts. For an informational brochure, click here. Option 1 was featured on the Eight West show discussing the impact of identity theft in today's world. To view the segment, click here.