NEW OPTION 1 PRESIDENT SELECTED
After an extensive search, the Option 1 Credit Union Board of Directors announced on August 4, 2014 that Mr. Steven Bush has been appointed the new President of the credit union. Mr. Bush will succeed President and CEO, Mr. Andrew J. List who will be retiring in January of 2015. Mr. List has served as President and CEO of Option 1 Credit Union for over 17 years. To view the full press release, click here
KEEP YOUR PASSWORDS SAFE
For the latest in scams and alerts, visit our Security Pages, click here.
A LOOK INSIDE SOME OF OUR BRANCHES
Branch offices of Option 1 Credit Union offer an extensive line of products and services through the help of member service representatives, Mortgage services, and Financial Planners. Option 1 Credit Union is also proud to contribute to the development of businesses in the region by offering innovative solutions to help them grow. For a list of our locations and hours, click here.
Below is a picture of our ribbon cutting at our 6025 N. Hagadorn Road, East Lansing branch office. The branch is a full service office with a 24 hour ATM.
LAKE LANSING BRANCH
A look insider our Lake Lansing branch office located at 2250 Lake Lansing Road, Lansing. The branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM. See picture below.
SOUTH CEDAR BRANCH
A look inside our South Cedar branch office located at 6250 S. Cedar Street, Suite 14, Lansing. The branch is a full service branch with a 24 hour ATM.
FINANCIAL TIPS and TIME SAVERS
In today's world, we all need some extra help. Here are some tips to help you save time, protect your money, and make the most of your time:
- Protect your Debit and Credit cards. If you are traveling out of the area and plan to use your Option 1 Credit and/or Debit card, make sure you contact us and let us know.
- You need to know there is a difference in how the transactions are processed and how best to protect yourself. If you are traveling outside of the United States, we strongly suggest you use your Option 1 VISA card and DO NOT use your Option 1 debit card. Read more here...
- For additional protection, register your cards with:
- Set Up Automatic Bill Payments. Many of us are traveling, busy with the kids, or simply trying to squeeze in some extra time this holiday season. Arrange for your bills to be paid electronically through the Option 1 Bill Pay service. O1 BILL PAY is free and easy to set-up. Click here for details.
- Alerts and Mobile Banking. Keep your budget on track with tools like Alerts to remind you about bills that are due, account balances, and more. With our new O1 MOBILE Banking app, you can easily do your banking on the go, wherever you are. Click here for details.
MEMBERS FINANCIAL SERVICES for 2015 - Financial planning isn't just for retirement! As a member of Option 1 Credit Union, you have access to professional financial advisors with many years of experience in helping people just like you. Everyone needs a plan for financial success. Update yours or start one.Click herefor more information.
HOME RESTYLE - new loan option to help you with your home improvement projects no matter how large or small. Option 1 can help you add value to your home, click here for details!
ONLINE APPLICATIONS - safe and secure online Option 1 application is now available! Click here to apply for a loan, credit union membership, or to add additional services to your Option 1 account.
24/7 CALL CENTER - Option 1 offers personal access to your accounts with our extended Call Center to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Talk with one of our professionals and even apply for a loan by calling 800-323-2129.
ID SAFE CHOICE - professional identity theft recovery services are now a benefit of Option 1 checking accounts. For an informational brochure, click here. Option 1 was featured on the Eight West show discussing the impact of identity theft in today's world. To view the segment, click here.
KEEP YOUR PASSWORDS SAFE - For the latest in scams and alerts, visit our Security Pages, click here
DON'T TAX MY CREDIT UNION - Credit unions are different for a reason. The Credit Union National Association (CUNA), a trade group that represents credit unions, has launched a new campaign to protect credit union federal tax-exempt status. The campaign, "Don't Tax My Credit Union," is asking all credit union members to petition Congress to preserve the federal income tax exemption that credit unions enjoy as not-for-profit, member-owned cooperatives. Keep in mind, credit unions DO pay taxessuch as property tax, sales tax, and payroll tax. This new effort, which is being heavily lobbied for by banking associations, will eliminate the federal income tax exemption for credit unions. Credit unions have been exempt from federal income tax since our inception and many credit unions were born out of the Great Depression, for a reason. Visit our Legislative Advocacy page for updates.
Please share this information. Click here for more information. To visit the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Facebook page for additional information, click here. Thank you for your membership and support of credit unions.